Thursday 29 March 2012

Pick Me Up Exhibition Part 1


On Saturday I visited Pick Me Up, a Contemporary Graphic Art Fair at Somerset House in London. The exhibition runs until this sunday and is well worth a look if you're nearby!
The art fair featured mostly screen printed work, collage and illustration. It was a great place to get ideas and also buy some yummy prints for my house.
Here are some of my favourites from the day.

Jon McNaught has done some lovely nature inspired prints, and was featured in the Pick me up selects section.



Yoko Michishita was also featured in the Pick me up selects section of the show, She works mainly in pencil on these delicate drawings.
The next artists that caught my eye were Zim & Zou, a french duo who create beautiful creatures and three-dimensional artwork.

I was really looking forward to seeing some of my favourite artists, Peskimo. Here's one of their latest prints that they have on sale at the show, called Catnaps.

This is the Puck Studio section, who are a creative print studio from East London, they had a very creative stall area, which I managed to ruin by releasing one of the helium balloons by mistake! oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment